Best Kedgeree Recipe
Are you wondering what kedgeree is? Kedgeree is an Indian dish of rice and fish seasoned with spices. A simple word, quick to make, and full of flavor. The basic ingredients are rice and fish, especially smoked fish, to prepare this dish. Hard-boiled egg, peas, and onion are also added. We point out that this dish is also made with natural canned tuna and seasoned with spices such as curry, ginger, or others. This is a dish that we can eat hot or cold.
Best Kedgeree Recipe
In DoramasMp4, we teach you how to make easy kedgeree, a very varied dish. Let’s cook!
4 diners 45m low difficulty
Additional features: Medium cost
Ingredients to make Kedgeree:
- 200 grams of basmati rice
- 350 grams of fresh salmon
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1 dessert spoon of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 dessert spoon of curry
- 1 small onion
Ingredients to make Kedgeree
How to make Kedgeree?
To prepare the kedgeree recipe, you must first boil the eggs. Then, place a saucepan with plenty of water and prepare the eggs to cook for about 10 minutes. When the time has passed, turn off and reserve.
- Put a pan over medium heat with a splash of olive oil, chop the onion very small and add it to the pan; leave on the heat for 5-6 minutes until it is transparent. On the other hand, put 500 ml. of water to heat with a little salt.
- Add the rice, curry, and turmeric when the onion is transparent. Stir everything and let it cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the water you have previously heated, mix well and let it cook without stirring for about 10-12 minutes. After this time, check if the rice is cooked, and if it is not, you should leave it until it is cooked; if it is dry, you can add more water. The amount of water is double that of rice, although you can put a little more if you don’t like it too dry.
- Cook the salmon on the grill. We point out that you should not go overcooked.
- When the rice is almost ready, crumble the salmon and add it to the rice. Let the fish finish cooking along with the rice. Be careful with the thorns; you must remove them before.
- Turn off the rice pan. Peel the hard-boiled eggs cut them into slices, and place them on the rice. Now you can enjoy this kedgeree! Tell us what you think of this original and easy recipe in the comments.
Kedgeree and other ingredients
As we have mentioned before, if you prefer, you can substitute salmon for canned tuna; this will also provide many nutrients, it is rich in Omega-3. And, if you don’t have canned salmon or tuna, you can add cod. It will be exquisite with any of the 3 options!
If you like this recipe, then I would suggest that you should try this recipe too: Best Ku bak recipe with prawns
For more recipes, please pay a visit to this: Recipes