Cookies: What do they mean?
Cookies are small files of data downloaded to the browser from the site you have visited. Cookies can be used to track specific interactions while browsing websites, which are used to store information that can be updated and retrieved. The data files are stored on the computer used by the user and include data that is anonymous and will not cause harm to your system. They’re used to keep track of the user’s preferences, for example, the preferred language, access information, or personalization of the site.
Cookies are also used to collect anonymous data regarding visitors’ use of the website. For instance, the webpage you’ve visited or if you employed an advertising “banner” to reach.
What purpose do we assign to different kinds of cookies?
By its mission:
- Technical cookies are essential to enable the proper operation of a Web website and make proper use of the various options and services. For instance, they are used to keep the session, control the response time, performance, or confirmation of choices, use security features and share content on social networks, etc.
- Cookies for personalization let the user specify or alter certain aspects of the standard options on the site, such as setting the local language, regional settings, or the type of browser.
- Analytical cookies: Analytical cookies are the ones utilized by our web portals to create profiles for browsing and to be able to understand the preferences of its customers so that they can improve the range of items and products. For instance, with the help of an analytics cookie, the geographic areas most for a user’s interest would be managed, making it the most popular product, etc.
- Advertising or advertising cookies: Cookies for advertising allow the control of advertising spaces according to specific requirements. For instance, the amount of time spent on access, editing of content or the edited content, etc. Advertising cookies permit, via marketing management, to save data about behavior through the analysis of patterns, studying accesses, and creating the profile of your preferences to provide advertisements that correspond to your profile’s preferences.
By the term:
- Session Cookies: Session cookies are the ones that stay until the time the user is on the site and then are removed after a specific time.
- Persistent cookies These cookies are saved in the user’s terminal for a more extended period and allow for control of preferences without repeating specific parameters every time the site is visited.
- What if I do not like these cookies, or if I can’t take any action?
If you want to alter the configuration of your connection to the Web page, be aware that you can delete cookies or stop this data from being stored in your personal computer’s memory at any point by changing the settings that your web browser uses:
- Internet Explorer cookie settings
- Firefox cookie settings
- Google Chrome cookie settings
- Safari cookie settings
The browsers listed here are subject to modifications or updates, and we can’t guarantee that they’ll comply with the version you have installed on your current browser. It could also be that you are using a different browser that isn’t covered by these links, such as Konqueror, Arora or Flock, for example. You can directly access them via your browser’s options to prevent these confusions. This is typically located within the Options menu, located in the “Privacy” section. (Please check the help menu of your browser for more details.)
Are the information gathered in the cookies used on other websites from Red Link To Media, SL?
We use specific cookies to create advertisements on third-party websites or to perform analyses for which we utilize tools not owned by Red Link To Media, SL. Cookies used are exclusively for Red Link To Media, SL, and do not commercialize them in any way.
What exactly does the above information have to do with it?
If you agree to the cookies we use, you are allowing us to enhance our Red Link To Media SL Websites to give you the best access to our services and provide you with an efficient and personalized service.
Additionally, you can set your browser to ensure that only trusted websites or the pages you’re currently on can manage cookies, allowing users to set preferences.
This policy is regularly reviewed to verify its accuracy. It is, therefore, able to be changed. We recommend that you revisit the site regularly, as we will keep you informed of any changes regarding this policy.
Where can I find more details?
If you would like to know more regarding the cookie directive, look up the Official State Gazette published on March 31st, 2012 (for Spain), where the directives regarding electronic communications are transposed. The directive can also be found at http://www.ico.gov.uk.
If you agree with the policy on cookies that are set forth by Red Link To Media, SL and click “Accept.”.